We currently have an opening for a corporate senior associate (6-8PQE) with solid experience to join our growing team in London. A good level of experience in private equity and corporate M&A is essential.
Mayer Brown is one of the world’s leading business law firms with offices in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia and Europe and an association with Tauil & Chequer Advogados, in Brazil. We serve many of the world's largest companies, including a significant proportion of the Fortune 100, FTSE 100,DAX and Hang Seng Index companies together with global leaders in major industries.
To advance our position as one of the world’s leading international business law firms we build close relationships with our clients in order to serve them more effectively across our global platform. As a major financial centre for international business and commerce, London lies at the very heart of our global vision.
We encourage all our people to use their skills to support the wider community through our pro bono and community volunteering programmes. We are also committed to managing our impact on the environment and our London office is ISO 14001 certified. At Mayer Brown the principles of mutual respect, dignity and understanding are central to the way we work and help to provide an environment where diversity and inclusion are embraced.
Tim Nosworthy is a "very good lawyer - he's an excellent communicator, on top of all the detail and highly dependable."( Chambers UK 2015).
Kate Ball-Dodd indicate that she "represents everything an in-house lawyer would ever want from an external counsel; she is timely, commercial and cost effective." (Chambers UK 2012).
Richard Page "a joy to work with" "he has a lot of experience at his fingertips." - Chambers UK 2018
Kate Ball-Dodd is ranked as a leading individual in Legal 500 2015, Kate is "superb" (Legal 500 2013).
Perry Yam, is recognised as a leading advisor in both Chambers and Legal 500 who refer to him as "...the most prolific advisor to VC funds in London".
Richard Page has "the ability to assimilate detailed information and shrewdly assess inter-party relationships" (Legal 500 2015).
• Experience in private equity, mid-market buyouts and corporate M & A is desirable
• Experience of acting for Private Equity houses will be an advantage
• Experience gained within a good quality law firm or relevant organisation;
• Excellent people skills and a good, clear communication style;
• Ability to work effectively within an established, close-knit team;
• Demonstrate ability to confidently interact with clients and develop business pro-actively;
• A commercial and pragmatic outlook;
• Have attained degree certificate(s) from a reputed institution, achieving a minimum grade of 2:1 or equivalent;
• Be self-motivated and possess a very pro-active attitude;
Candidates that have gained increased post qualification experience will also be expected to demonstrate ability to manage their caseload with little day to day supervision as well as the supervision/management of junior lawyers.
The PQE level/s identified here is indicative only. Mayer Brown would welcome applicants regardless of PQE who believe they meet the requirements of the role outlined in the job description and wish to apply for the position.