Mayer Brown is one of the world's leading business law firms with offices in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East and an association with Tauil & Chequer Advogados in Brazil. We serve many of the world's largest companies, including a significant proportion of the Fortune 100, FTSE 100, DAX and Hang Seng Index companies, together with global leaders in major industries.
To advance our position as one of the world's leading international business law firms we build close relationships with our clients in order to serve them more effectively across our global platform. As a major financial centre for international business and commerce, London lies at the very heart of our global vision.
We encourage all our people to use their skills to support the wider community through our pro bono and community volunteering programmes. We are also committed to managing our impact on the environment and our London office is ISO 14001 certified. At Mayer Brown the principles of mutual respect, dignity and understanding are central to the way we work and help to provide an environment where diversity and inclusion are embraced.
As a member of the wider Business Development & Marketing team, the Events & Marketing Assistant will be involved in a variety of event and marketing activities. Working in a fast-paced, busy environment, the person in this role will support the firm's events and marketing programme in London. Illustrative responsibilities include:
· Working with the Senior Events & Marketing Executive and Events Consultant to support the successful execution of client-facing events for London fee-earners.
· Researching and liaising with third party venues and hospitality suppliers for external events, on request.
· Creating event and seminar invitations.
· Compiling target mailing lists using the firm's CRM database (InterAction),
· Assisting with the administration and management of RSVPs, attendee data , delegate material and name badges
· Meeting and greeting clients and assisting with the smooth running of the events.
· Liaising with external suppliers and the firm's internal support teams, for example IT, HR, Catering and Reception, to help coordinate the logistics for events
· Assisting with other event-related administration, such as merchandise sourcing and stock management, maintaining the events database, attending food and drink tastings and conducting site visits alongside other members of the events team.
· Attending and contributing to team meetings and meeting related to events.
· Educated to GCSE or equivalent (grades A-C)
· Able to use own initiative and be pro-active
· An understanding of marketing principles and how to apply these to the professional services environment
· IT literate with strength in research, analysis is essential
· High level of emotional intelligence
· Delivery/solution focussed with a strong desire to meet the needs and requirements of internal clients under the pressure of tight deadlines
· Excellent communication skills (written and oral) is essential
· Ability to build relationships across all levels of the business
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to prioritise and multitask.
· Attention to detail, tenacious with a sense of responsibility and ownership
At Mayer Brown, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that offers our people the opportunity and support they need to succeed. We are therefore happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments that individuals may require throughout the recruitment process and once they have joined the Firm.
In addition, one of our core values at Mayer Brown is to promote diversity and inclusion at all levels within the business which is actively supported by our diversity networks - LGBT+, Fusion (BAME), Women, and Work and Me (Family).