Mayer Brown is one of the world's leading business law firms with offices in key financial centres across the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East and an association with Tauil & Chequer Advogados in Brazil. We serve many of the world's largest companies, including a significant proportion of the Fortune 100, FTSE 100, DAX and Hang Seng Index companies, together with global leaders in major industries.
To advance our position as one of the world's leading international business law firms we build close relationships with our clients in order to serve them more effectively across our global platform. As a major financial centre for international business and commerce, London lies at the very heart of our global vision.
We encourage all our people to use their skills to support the wider community through our pro bono and community volunteering programmes. We are also committed to managing our impact on the environment and our London office is ISO 14001 certified. At Mayer Brown the principles of mutual respect, dignity and understanding are central to the way we work and help to provide an environment where diversity and inclusion are embraced.
The Network Services Engineer is responsible for the operation of the firm’s network infrastructure and associated services covering all aspects of hardware, software and management, including Router/Switch, Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, Internet Connectivity, Wireless, WAN Optimizers, IIS, Load balancers, Firewalls, External DNS, Certificates and remote VPN access.
Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate standard Firm telephony, computer, keyboard and mouse. Some physical lifting maybe required.
Business Relationship Management:
This role participates in the network operations roster.
· Extensive experience of working within an IT Operational environment.
· Extensive knowledge of configuring, implementing and troubleshooting routing and switching architecture
· Knowledge of configuring, implementing and troubleshooting VPN's and Firewalls
· Knowledge of configuring, implementing and troubleshooting wireless technologies
· Knowledge of network management tools and processes.
· Experience of WAN acceleration technologies.
· Experience of network security tools and processes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent work experience is desirable.
· Industry recognised networking qualifications are desirable.
· Knowledge of Cisco ACI is desirable
· Knowledge of Cisco ISE is desirable.
· Knowledge of Ansible, Python and scripting is desirable,
· Knowledge of load balancers
· Knowledge of webservices
· Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
· Committed to continued advancement with strong change management skills.
· High level of discretion, comfortable handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
· Willingness to knowledge share, asks questions where appropriate and provide guidance to others.
· Work well with others and contribute to the success of the team.
· Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness.
· Able to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
· Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills and a keen level of attention to detail.
At Mayer Brown, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment that offers our people the opportunity and support they need to succeed. We are therefore happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments that individuals may require throughout the recruitment process and once they have joined the Firm.
In addition, one of our core values at Mayer Brown is to promote diversity and inclusion at all levels within the business which is actively supported by our diversity networks - LGBT+, Fusion (BAME), Women, and Work and Me (Family).